Thank you very much for using the Official Worldwide JLPT Website (this site). This site is operated by the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services on the basis of the following rules of use with the objective of supplying information on the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test. People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
Works of information (characters, photos, illustrations, etc.) on this site are protected by copyright. In addition, this site as a whole is copyrighted as a compilation. Both are protected under Copyright Law of Japan as well as under international conventions such as the Berne Convention.
With the exception of using the works within the range granted on this site by the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services or when use without permission of copyright holders is legally accepted, it is prohibited to copy, publically transmit and adapt copyrighted works without permission. In addition, details of copyrighted works shall not be modified against the will of authors.
Summarized below are main usages of works offered on this site.
(1) All or part of works offered on this site can be reproduced, copied, adapted and translated without permission of copyright holders for personal use such as individual study.
(2) All or part of works offered on this site can be cited without permission of copyright holders by a method that satisfies the following conditions.
①Please cite the works of others to a reasonable degree.
The degree of citation extends only to necessary information. In addition, if works are summarized for citation, works should be faithfully summarized.
②Please clearly separate the cited part.
Showing the cited part in brackets or square frames is the most desirable method. At very least, please do not cite works on this site in a manner that may lead to misunderstanding that they are works of users.
③Users should treat their works as “main” and citations as “subordinate.”
④Please specify the source according to one of four examples below.
Please place the source description as close as possible to the citation to clarify the connection between the citation and the source.
Examples of source descriptions:
In cases other than (1) and (2) above and when this site’s works are used for Japanese-language education and no fee is collected for teaching materials produced by reproducing and/or copying the works, the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services grant the right to reproduce and copy in advance with the condition that the source is specified in accordance with (2) above.
When using works in summary form, the summary must be faithfully produced for citation. As for works noted as “Reproduction without permission is prohibited,” please follow (4) below.
(4) If you wish to use this site’s works for purposes other than (1)-(3) above, please make a request in advance via “Inquiries” and obtain permission from the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services. Please provide the following information in your request.
Links to this site are welcomed. Advance contact is unnecessary. However, please follow the points below.
(1) Please clearly state that the link is to the Official Worldwide JLPT Website.
(2) Please do not set up a link that embeds this site in another website. Please ensure that the link opens as a new window.
(1) Recommended browsers
In order to facilitate perusal and use of this site, we recommend the following browsers. As far as possible, please view the site using the latest version.
Windows・Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 [Japanese-language version] or above
However, depending on your user environment, you might not be able to use some of the services provided on this site.
This site’s contents include PDF files and animations. To use these contents, the following plug-in software must be installed. If you do not have these plug-ins, you can download them from the sites below.
While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using the information of this site.
(1) The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
(2) Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
(3) Due to system malfunction, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended.
End of Text