The Official Worldwide Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Website is operated by the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services.
The Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services collect information from users of the Official Worldwide JLPT Website (this site) to the degree necessary for smooth operation of services provided on this site (providing information and receiving applications for certificate issuance on this site, etc.). Collected information will be appropriately handled within the scope of usage purposes.
Special Notes for the users in the EEA（European Economic Area）member countries
1. Scope of information collected
This site does not collect information that can identify individuals, such as name and birthday, with the following exceptions.
- This site automatically collects Internet domain name, IP address and query information within this site as well as other information that relates to viewing of this site. Cookies (information that the server sends to users' browsers and is stored on users' computers to enable the server to identify users) are limited to those that improve usability and do not include any personal information.
- When the application form on the “Certificate Issuance ” page is used, we ask users to provide their name, date of birth, email address, and other information necessary.
2. Usage purposes
- Information collected in 1. 1 above is used as a reference for smooth operation of services provided by this site.
- Information collected in 1. 2 above is used to respond to applications for certificate issuance and contact applicants.
3. Limitations on use and supply of information
The Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services do not use collected information for purposes other than those specified in 2. above, nor do they provide such information to third-parties, except in the following three cases:
- If there is a legal obligation to supply such information
- If the consent of the owner of the information is obtained
- If it must be revealed to an external service provider contracted by the Japan Foundation or Japan Educational Exchanges and Service to provide information processing services. In such cases, information is revealed only within the scope necessary for the performance of the said work.