The Official Worldwide Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Website is operated by the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services.
Test Registration Process
Taking the Test Overseas
Find country/area where you can take the test, local host institution and test site city
Confirm registration method with local host institution and obtain Test Guide (Application Forms)
Carefully read Test Guide, register according to the instructions of local host institution and pay registration fee
* Application period varies by city. Please make sure to confirm with your local host institution.
- First test(July): Around March-April
- Second test(December): Around August-September
Receive test voucher from local host institution
- First test(July): Early July
- Second test(December): Early December
Receive test results from local host institution
All examinees in each level will receive a Certificate of Result and Scores. Successful examinees will receive a Certificate of Proficiency.
- First test(July): Around September
- Second test(December): Around March
* Above is the general process for overseas. Details may differ by country/area. Please inquire at your local host institution. Outside Japan, the test may be held only in July or December in some cities. Please check the "List of Overseas Test Site Cities and Local Host Institutions" for the test schedule in your city.